Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Watch: The ‘Ringer’ Discussion Panel At 2011 San Diego Comic Con

The new CW TV series Ringer, which stars Sarah Michelle Gellar and will debut this Fall, was well-represented this year at 2011 San Diego Comic-Con … which means we got a lot of goodies to enjoy. First we got a couple of amazing promo posters, then we got a new trailer for the show … [...]

David and I were able to see the new musical Tales Of The City currently in production here in San Francisco, CA and despite not having read any reviews about the show we were very excited to see the show. I’m a HUGE fan of the original PBS miniseries Tales Of The City and hold the characters created by Armistead Maupin very near and dear to my heart. I was hoping to love the show … and thankfully, that’s exactly what I did :D




Because the original books and miniseries are so well done and beloved by fans, there was concern that the musical may not measure up. For the most part, Tales Of The City the musical really holds on to the original spirit of the stories and presents the characters in a very respectful way. The music, written by Jake Shears from Scissor Sisters, is actually quite good. Some of the songs could use a bit more work but for the most part, they do compliment the story very well. There is a song for the Michael Mouse Tolliver character where he reads (sings) a coming out letter to his mother … it’s heartbreakingly touching … it actually made me cry. The show has so much heart and is really fun. The staging is very inventive. If you are familiar with the way 28 Barbary Lane looks in the miniseries, you will be pleasantly surprised how much the stage version of the house comes to life with the same look and feel. The acting was superb … really. I loved every single actor on that stage. I hope this show makes it to Broadway … I think it might do very well. I believe Tales Of The City is one of the most charming stories out there … and this new musical is a charming NEW way to experience the drama and fun at 28 Barbary Lane. The show is being performed until July 31 so those of you here in SF have a few more days to see it … DO NOT miss it, I beg of you. This show should be experience in the city it is set in. You won’t be sorry, I’m sure of it.




latest articles
Post wedding activity
Grover Cleveland
articles internet
internet articles

No comments: